The Holland House Curriculum
Our Curriculum Pledge
The primary purpose of our curriculum is to guarantee a successful learning experience for every child. With this in mind, we make the following learning pledges to ensure that every child is developed to their full potential:
- Every child, in every lesson, will be provided with opportunities to be engaged, challenged and to make progress.
- Every child will be provided with opportunities to increase their self-esteem, motivation and aspirations.
- Every child will be provided with opportunities to experience the wider world as a core part of their curriculum. We provide many theme days, educational visits and trips as well as visitors that will bring our subjects to life.
- Every child will know how to keep themselves safe and will recognise and understand the importance of healthy lifestyles and being active.
- Every child will leave us fully prepared for the next stage of their education.
Our Curriculum Statement
At Holland House Infant School and Nursery, we believe and it is our intention that every child should be nurtured, valued and empowered to have the highest aspirations for their future. We aim for children to reach their fullest possible potential through the provision of a broad and balanced, stimulating, innovative and creative curriculum. We recognise that children need to be numerate and literate but also that they need to be fully prepared and equipped to access the next stage of their education confidently with the appropriate life skills, knowledge and understanding to enable them to be successful in their learning. We also want children to be tolerant, respectful individuals who embrace and celebrate differences and diversity. We also actively encourage children to be interested in the world around them, to be able to ask questions and to be inquisitive. We encourage children to believe in themselves, to be aspirational and to always challenge themselves, helping them to become thoughtful, successful and independent individuals ready for the next phase of their education.
Curriculum Design and Implementation at Holland House
Click on the image above to explore our rich and rounded curriculum and to read about our wonderful curriculum design. You can also download our fabulous year group curriculum booklets, full of information about the learning children will be enjoying in each year group.
“Holland House is a Happy and Hardworking place where no learning time is wasted”